You will love this cupcakes as much as i do. It’s so moist and chocolatey. The black coffee gives the chocolate flavour extra yumminess. As for the frosting , i made my first buttercream frosting and i really didn’t like how it taste cos it was way too sweet. But i love how pretty my frosting Colour was. Still a bit messy though. If you have favourite frosting recipe that is not too sweet, please share it with me.
Happy Independence Day Indonesia my beloved country on 17th August 2015!!! It was a long weekend , i spent my weekend at home and in town. I had 3 Fuji Apples and curious what I could do with it , besides making Apple Pie (Apple Pie is too mainstream 😅) . So that Monday morning , on Indonesian Independence Day, I browsed through Mr.Google and hoping to bump into high rated Apple Recipes and trust people’s review and trust my instinct.
Moist Apple Cake
Kaasstengels Cheese Cookies or Kue Kastengel as Indonesians called it, is a traditional cheese cookies that are most often consumed during Eid Mubarak Day. Influenced by Dutch colonization of Indonesia in the 1600’s, the Indonesian people took Dutch culture and made it their own.
I made this couple of weeks ago and it’s super easy and fun to make.
Serves 10 to 12
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
1 cup of Water
1 cup of All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
4 Eggs at Room Temperature
2-1/4 cups of Whole Milk
1/4 cup of Corn Starch
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
4 Egg Yolks
1 tsp of Vanilla Paste
Small Pinch of Salt
4 ounces of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup of Heavy Cream*
*heavy cream substitute:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
To make the cream:
1) Add all your custard ingredients in a large saucepan and with the heat turned off, whisk them all together to combine.
2) Place your custard over medium heat and cook it, stirring the whole time until the custard thickens. Strain it through a fine sieve into a bowl, cover the custard with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic wrap is touching the custard) and pop it in the fridge completely.
To make the dough:
3) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Put the water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Add the flour all at once and stir well with a wooden spoon until the flour is completely mixed in.
6) Turn the heat back on to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Scrape the dough into a large bowl.
7) With a whisk or wooden spoon, beat in the eggs one at a time until all four eggs are well incorporated.
8) Fill a disposable piping bag that has been fitted with a large round tip with some of the dough (you will have to do these in batches) and pipe out 6 inch logs a few inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
9) Brush the top of the eclairs with some water and bake them for 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 and continue baking them for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. As soon as they come out of the oven, use a medium size piping tip and make a little hole at the end of each side so the steam can escape, allow to cool completely.
To make the Ganache:
10) Heat the cream in a small pan over medium heat until just below boiling point.
11) Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute then whisk until the chocolate has melted.
12) When ready to assemble, using a piping bag fitted with a medium size round tip, fill each shell and either dip the tops in the melted chocolate or spoon the chocolate over the top.
13) Allow them to set slightly before serving.
This is my first time making pie, and i gotta say i’m so proud of the result. I made my own pie crust. It’s crispy on the top side but still easy to cut and it held the filling perfectly. I guess by using margarine than butter made it crispier . I don’t know which one is better, flaky crust or crispy crust?
For this cherry crumble pie recipe i only use half of the pie crust recipe. Just divide everything on this recipe by two to get 1 (10 inch ) pie crust.
Making your own French Bread is actually not hard at all. I made this last weekend and you don’t need bread machine at all. Consider it as arm workout cos you will need to knead the dough.