Weekend comes and it means getting busy in the kitchen! It’s Sunday Baking/Cooking Time!!! Couple of times i made Chocolate Potato pudding and it was a hit. I think i posted the recipe on my facebook page @SinfuliciousBites . But this time i changed the chocolate pudding with brown sugar, and substitute milk with coconut milk. The brown sugar pudding and the potato go well together. It’s yummmmeeehhh 😘😘
Brown Sugar Potato Pudding
Potato Pudding :
– 200 gr steamed potatoes, blend it with blender/food processor (i used potato masher)
– 175 gr granulated sugar
– 1 whole egg + 2 yolks
– 1½ tbs margarine/butter, melted.
– 150 ml sweetened condensed milk add with 150 ml water
– 25 gr all purpose flour
– 25 gr corn flour
– ½ tsp vanilla
– your fave milk biscuit
– margarine/butter for the cake pan
Brown Sugar Pudding Ingredients:
– 225 gr brown sugar, boil with 50 ml water till the sugar dissolve, then strain it.
– 600 ml thick coconut milk (can also be made from 300 ml instant coconut milk + 300 ml water)
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 whole egg, beaten off
– 1 sachet (7 gr) white jelly powder
– ¼ tsp vanilla
– 3 pandan leaves, clean them and bundle them together.
Prepare 22cm diameter round cake pan (or square cake pan 20 x 20 x 7 cm) , grease the pan with margarine well. Set aside.
Steamed Potato Pudding : Mix eggs, sugar and vanilla until it’s thicken and white . Combine potato, milk and melted margarine one at a time with. Mix them with low speed. Add all purpose flour and corn flour to the mixture and well combined. . Pour it to the round cake pan and steamed for 30mins with medium heat. Set aside and cool it down.
Brown sugar pudding : Add coconut milk into the saucepan, add brown sugar liquid and salt. Mix well. Add egg, jelly powder and vanilla and mix well. Add a bundle of pandan leaves and cook it in low heat. Keep stirring it clockwise slowly and constantly. Set aside and cool it down abit.
Soak biscuits in milk (water will be just fine) Arrange biscuits on top of the potato pudding. Pour a bit of brown sugar pudding into the potato pudding till the biscuits all covered and leave it for a while and then pour the rest of the brown pudding into the potato pudding. If you pour the whole brown sugar pudding all at once, the biscuits will be floating and we want them to be in the middle of the pudding.
Cool it off, cut , serve and have a nice Sunday tea time 😊😊