You will love this cupcakes as much as i do. It’s so moist and chocolatey. The black coffee gives the chocolate flavour extra yumminess. As for the frosting , i made my first buttercream frosting and i really didn’t like how it taste cos it was way too sweet. But i love how pretty my frosting Colour was. Still a bit messy though. If you have favourite frosting recipe that is not too sweet, please share it with me.
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces black coffee, cooled
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celcius
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs , canola oil , vanilla and black coffee (cooled) together.
3. Stir in sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Alternate stirring in flour and milk.
5. The batter will be runny but this is normal and will make the cake so moist.
6. Line cupcake muffins tins with cupcake paper. Spoon the bater into the cups about three-quarters full.
7. Bake the cupcakes for 20-23 minutes. (Toothpick will come out clean when cake is done)
8. After cake has cooled, removed and frost with your favourite icing .
9. Frosting tips : to create two-tone icing as shown in the photo above, make your favourite buttercream icing and divide it into 4 equal batches. Then add a dab of food colouring to each batch. Mine use red, yellow, blue and orange. Use a long metal spatula to fill a pastry bag with 2 colours. Put one Colour down each side of the bag. When you twist the top of the bag closed, the colours will form ‘stripped’ icing. Decorate your cupcake starting on the outer edge of the cupcake and working your way to the center in a circular motion.