Happy Independence Day Indonesia my beloved country on 17th August 2015!!! It was a long weekend , i spent my weekend at home and in town. I had 3 Fuji Apples and curious what I could do with it , besides making Apple Pie (Apple Pie is too mainstream 😅) . So that Monday morning , on Indonesian Independence Day, I browsed through Mr.Google and hoping to bump into high rated Apple Recipes and trust people’s review and trust my instinct.
And I found this Apple Recipe that looked so good (picture helps me to imagine how its taste). My first Apple Cake, and I loved it. It’s moist, not too sweet, the apple chunks inside the cake give extra surprise to bite, and I love the taste of the lemon zest in this cake. It’s so perfect for my liking. Apple cake + hot tea or coffee = wonderful afternoon. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.
Prep time: 10 mins |Cook time: 1 hrs 15 mins
1 cup of Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature ( I use 1 cup of margarine)
1 cup of Sugar
1 Packet of Vanilla (or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract)
2 tsp of Baking Powder
Zest of 1 Lemon (I use 2 lemons)
3 cups of All Purpose Flour
½ tsp of Salt (omit this if you use margarine cos margarine is already salty)
3 Fuji/Gala Apples, peeled cored and cut into bite size pieces
¾ cup of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bunt pan well and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar, add the lemon zest, eggs and mix to combine.
3) Add the milk and mix it all together so you have a smooth mixture.
4) Add the flour along with the baking powder and vanilla powder (or extract) and mix it together just long enough to combine the dry ingredients.
5) Sprinkle the apples with a about 3 tbsp of flour and toss them to coat.
6) Add the apples to the batter and fold them in.
7) Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake it for about one hour to an hour and fifteen minutes or until fully cooked through.
8) Allow it to cool completely, invert onto a platter.
Dont forget to leave comment and share this recipe. Thank You!!!